By Syafiah Sakirin
GOMBAK, 1 December 2023: Today, the hall witnessed 566 graduands from the Human Sciences (HS) division under Abdul Hamid AbuSulayman Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences (AHAS KIRKHS) and departments under the Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design (KAED) receiving their Bachelor degree scrolls from the IIUM.
There were 383 graduands from HS departments and 183 graduands from KAED who received their scrolls during the seventh session of the IIUM 39th Convocation Ceremony at IIUM Gombak, on Tuesday (28 November).
The session began with the opening declaration by a member of the IIUM Board of Governors, Honourable Tan Sri Wan Zulkiflee Wan Ariffin. After the opening declaration, the Quranic recitation of Surah Al-Alaq was delivered by Halil Ibrahim Dagli of AHAS KIRKHS.
The Convocation Address was delivered by another member of the IIUM Board of Governors, Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr. Syed Hussien Abd Kadir. This proceeded with the Dean of AHAS KIRKHS, Professor Dr. Shukran Abd. Rahman’s announcement of the conferment of degrees.
The degree conferment commenced with AHAS IRKHS graduands followed by KAED graduands. The conferment of degrees was then presented by Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr. Syed Hussien Abd Kadir for both Kulliyyahs.
The presentation of the Kulliyah Level Awards for both Bachelor degrees was carried out by the Deputy Rector of Academic and Internationalisation and Chairman of the 39th IIUM Convocation Ceremony, Professor Dr. Ahmad Faris Ismail.
The recipients of the Best Student Awards for HS and KAED were as follows
- Ainina bt Hasnul Jamal
Bachelor of Human Sciences in Communication (Honours)
Best Student Award – Hamka Award
- Saida Shameem
Bachelor of Human Sciences in English Language and Literature (Honours)
Best Student Award – Muhammad Iqbal Award
- Aisyah Mursyidah bt Ugi Suharto
Bachelor of Human Sciences in Psychology (Honours)
Best Student Award – Al-Razi Award
- Muhammad Harith Naim bin Ishak
Bachelor of Human Sciences in History and Civilisation (Honours)
Best Student Award – Ibn Al-Athir Award
- Nurul Jannah bt Che’ Muret
Bachelor of Human Sciences in Sociology and Anthropology (Honours)
Best Student Award – Ibn Khaldun Award
- Aida Maisarah bt Mohd Murtadza – Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design (Honours): Best Student (Overall)
- Khalif Bin Noor Azman – Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design (Honours): Best Student (Academic)
- Nurul Hanisah bt Mohd Hilmi – Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design (Honours): Best Student (Co-curricular)
The valedictorian speech was delivered by the Best Student (Academic) Award recipient from KAED, who was also the Rector’s List Award recipient, Khalif Bin Noor Azman.
The session ended with a recitation of Dua led by Professor Dr. Shukran Abd. Rahman and the adjournment of the Convocation was declared by Honourable Dato’ Seri Dr. Syed Hussien Abd Kadir.***
- 566 AHAS and KAED graduands receive scrolls in seventh session of 39th IIUM Convocation - December 1, 2023
- 39th IIUM Convocation: Triple joy as siblings graduate together at the same Convocation - November 30, 2023
- 39th IIUM Convocation: KICT graduand stuns audiences with solidarity Palestinian scarf - November 29, 2023