By Iylia Marsya Iskandar
GOMBAK, 15 September 2021: Today marked the 10th anniversary of the ground-breaking ceremony of EduHub Pagoh, home to four branches of local universities, including IIUM, launched by Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
The ceremony followed the announcement by the then Deputy Prime Minister cum Education Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin of the four universities joining the hub – IIUM Pagoh campus, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Research Centre, and Politeknik Pagoh. Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin is also the Member of Parliament for Pagoh.
Prof. Dato’ Sri Dr. Syed Arabi Idid who was then the IIUM Rector, told IIUMToday that Tan Sri Muhyiddin really wanted IIUM to come in as it would give an international character to Pagoh as an educational hub.
When IIUM accepted the invitation for it to set up the campus in Pagoh, according to the professor, Tan Sri Muhyiddin joined the University for the Hari Raya gathering in 2010 and he was told that IIUM Pagoh campus should include courses in Engineering, Management, and Agriculture.
Tan Sri Muhyiddin then said that the government would support the move as the university (IIUM) had become an internationally renowned institution of higher learning.
Currently, IIUM Pagoh campus offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses from the Kulliyyah of Languages and Management. The courses available in the campus are as follows:
- Bachelor Of Arts (Hons.) In Malay For International Communication
- Bachelor in Tourism Planning and Hospitality Management (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Arabic for International Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English For International Communication
- Master of Arts Teaching Arabic for Specific Purposes
- Master of Arts Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- PhD in Arabic Studies (By Research) (specialization in Arabic for specific purposes)
- PhD in English Studies (By Research) (specialization in English for specific purposes)
Formerly known as Pagoh Educational Hub, the township is the largest public education hub area in Malaysia, wholly developed by Sime Darby Property Selatan covering an area of 400 hectares.
The universities have inaugurated and welcomed the first batch of students in the new campuses in 2017 from April to September.
In the name of one hub, the universities share common facilities built-in within the central spine of the education hub such as outdoor sports facilities, halls and one main library.***
- Understanding South Korea’s Public Diplomacy strategies - October 8, 2021
- IIUMToday captures 45,761 viewers in September 2021 - October 3, 2021
- It’s 10th anniversary of the ground-breaking of EduHub Pagoh - September 15, 2021