By Hidayah Sahrunizam
GOMBAK, 4 April 2021: Seventeen out of total 24 seats for the IIUM Student Union (IIUMSU) Election 2021 won uncontested, leaving only seven constituencies to be contested on polling day, now set on Saturday (10 April), according to the announcement by the Election Commission.
The seven constituencies to be contested on the polling day will be four General seats and three Kulliyyah seats. Kulliyyah seats are left with three as 10 constituencies won uncontested. For General seats, only four will be contested as seven won uncontested.
There are altogether 24 seats in the student union election open for contest, of which 11 are General seats and 13 Kulliyyah seats.
The candidates who won the Kulliyyah seats uncontested are as listed below:
- Muhammad Iqbal Bin Zulkarnain Kulliyyah of Dentistry
- Nurul Ezam Asri Bin Hasmat Kulliyyah of Nursing
- Aishah Sarah Binti Muhammad Fazi Matsuno Kulliyyah of Medicine
- Nurul Izzati Binti Zakariah Human Sciences
- Humairaa’ Binti Majdan Kulliyyah of Allied Health Science
- Muhammad Nur Firdaus Bin Muhamed Haireen Kulliyyah of Information & Communication Technology
- Asma’ Hamidah Binti Mohd Zamri Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences
- Wan Nur Adawiyah Binti Wan Azmi Kulliyyah of Education
- Abdulrahman Baaqeel Kulliyyah of Engineering
- Nur Hafizah Binti Miszairi Islamic Revealed Knowledge
With this result announced today, the Kulliyyah seats that will be contested on 10 April will only be Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design, Kulliyyah of Science, and Kulliyyah of Pharmacy.
Meanwhile, for the General seats, the candidates who won uncontested are Wan Muhd Dhiyauddin Bin Wan Bukhari (Treasurer), Aidil Zuhaili Bin Zuhaimi (Assistant Treasurer I) and Rabiatul Addawiyah Binti Aminuddin (Assistant Treasurer II).
Danial Bin Zubir won uncontested for the seat of Deputy President II. Meanwhile, Izyan Fareesyah Binti Ab Rashid won uncontested for the seat of Secretary while Sofiyah Munirah Binti Mohktar and Mohamad Adib Hakimi Bin Sidik won uncontested for the seats of Assistant Secretary I and Assistant Secretary II respectively.
Hence, the General seats left to be contested during the election day (10 April) will be President, Vice President I, Vice President II, and Deputy President I.
The candidates were declared winners as there were no other candidates contesting for those constituencies.
The announcement has been made through an official Twitter account of the IIUM Student Union Election Commission at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday (4 April),
For further inquiries, the IIUM Student Union Election Commission can be reached through https://linktr.ee/iiumsuec.*