By Ameerah Angelina
GOMBAK, 2 July 2021: IIUM expresses its heartiest congratulations to the IIUM Sejahtera Profiling Team which won the Gold Medal (Academician) and Best Invention (Academician) awards for their invention of the IIUM Sejahtera Profiling (ISP) at the i-Counnovas 2.0 on Tuesday (29 June).
Organised by PERKAMA International, i-Counnovas carries the theme of “New Dimensions in Counselling Innovation” and provides the opportunity for international and local counselling educators, students and practitioners to have their creative and outstanding innovations to be showcased and recognised by potential businesses, educators, policymakers, practitioners and investors, both locally and internationally.
The IIUM Sejahtera Profiling (ISP) web-based app, on the other hand, is a screening tool for early detection of mental health symptoms and issues. It is one of IIUM’s initiatives to support the mental health needs of the IIUM community as it upholds the concept of “Sejahtera” or wellbeing and aims to increase mental health awareness while promoting the good well-being and spiritual dimensions of individuals.
It was launched by YB Datuk Seri Noraini Ahmad, the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia, on the 4th of June, 2021, at the Virtual 3rd World Congress on Integration and Islamicisation: Mental Health and Well-being in the 4th Industrial Revolution and 8th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for the Muslim World.
In relation to this, IIUM would also like to express a heartfelt thank you to Prof. Emeritus Tan Sri Dato’ Dzulkifli Abdul Razak, the Rector of IIUM, and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zulkifli Hasan, the Deputy Rector of the Student Development & Community Engagement IIUM who is the advisor for ISP.
In addition, great appreciation is given to Noraini Ahmad, the Former Director of CCSC with the role of Project Leader 1, Nur Syuhada Mohd Munir, a Senior Counsellor of CCSC with the role of Project Leader 2, and the ISP Main and Steering Committees, Experts and Contributors consisting of:
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Haniza Rais, KOED
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Joharry Othman, KOED
- Prof. Dr. Ainol Madziah Zubairi, KOED
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nora Mat Zin, KOM
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Nadzirah Ahmad Basri, KOM
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Nor Azlina A. Rahman, KAHS
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Che Amnah Bahari, KIRKHS
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fatimah Abdullah, KIRKHS
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Nur Jannah (Nor Jana) Hassan @Mohamed, KIRKHS
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Siti Asma Mohamed, KICT
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhamad Sadry Abu Seman, KICT
Furthermore, acknowledgement is also given to:
Information Technology Division (ITD):
- Prof. Dato’ Dr. Norbik Bashah Idris
- Abu Hurairah A. Manaf
- Mohamad Amrin Hidayat Abdul Karim
- Adis Nabawi Bin Azizan
- Almarhum Prof. Dr. Malik Badri
- Prof. Emeritus Tan Sri Dr. Mohd. Kamal Hassan
- Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mohamad Sahari Nordin
- Muhammad Naim Haris, KICT
- Nur Shahirah Suhaimi, KICT
- Mohd Izzati Rezuan Abdul Penyu, KIRKHS
- Ain Farhana Mohd Nazri, KAED
- Muhammad Aminuddin Mohd Yusop, KOE
- Hazira Hasan, KIRKHS
This announcement was made in conjunction with the officiating ceremony of 22nd National Counselling Convention in a webinar held last Tuesday.
Further information on the web application can be found at: isp.iium.edu.my.***