By Husna Fathiyyah
GOMBAK, 15 January 2021: With new daily COVID-19 cases recorded at 3,211 as at noon today, Malaysia is still far from recovery. This brings the number of active cases to 35,253 and total confirmed cases at 151,066.
Entering the third day of Emergency, Selangor leads with 889 daily cases, followed by Johor and Sabah, with 535 and 514 cases respectively. From new cases recorded, 3,206 are locally transmitted, while five are imported cases.
204 patients are now being treated in intensive care unit (ICU), with 87 patients requiring ventilator support.
Meanwhile, eight new fatalities due to COVID-19 are registered today bringing the death toll to 586.
In terms of cluster, three clusters contributed in today’s daily cases, led by Bukit Pasir cluster at 171 cases, followed by Tapak Bina Damai cluster and Beringin cluster, with 130 and 112 cases respectively.
As of today, 12 new clusters as follow were registered.
- Jalan Telok Gong cluster (Selangor)
- Lingkarang Lintang cluster (Selangor)
- Persiaran Selatan cluster (Johor)
- Jalan Kluang cluster (Johor)
- Kampung Perani cluster (Johor)
- Ladang Baturang cluster (Sabah)
- Ladang Matamba cluster (Sabah)
- Tapak Bina Damai cluster (Kuala Lumpur)
- Pondok Hidayah cluster (Kelantan)
- Kota Road cluster (Perak)
- Tembok Kemus cluster (Malacca)
- Restoran Putra cluster (Putrajaya)
However, the recovery cases stand at 1,939 adding to the total number of recovered cases to 115,227.
The Ministry of Health continued to remind the public to observe the standard operating procedures (SOP), avoid the 3Cs (Crowded Places, Confined Spaces, Close Conversation) and abide by the 3Ws (Wash, Wear, Warn) to break the chain of infection. ***
- Communication schools urged to include futures studies in curriculum - January 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Update: Daily cases still at 4-digit, 12 new clusters found - January 15, 2021
- Studying and volunteerism: Hard, yet manageable - December 18, 2020