By Irdina Zainudin
GOMBAK, 17 November 2022: COVID-19 positive voters are required to wear a face mask and are not allowed to ride public transportation or e-hailing services said Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement on 14 November.
The Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) has taken the initiative to guide voters to follow COVID-19’s regulations to ensure safety and to further lessen the risk of the spread of COVID-19.
Voters are required to abide by the following rules in the upcoming 15th general election (GE15):
- All COVID-19 positive voters are required to wear a face mask, while others are also encouraged to wear a face mask.
- All COVID-19 positive voters are not allowed to ride on public transportation, use e-hailing services, stop anywhere except for the voting venue before and after voting, and immediately return home after casting their votes.
- Use hand sanitisers that are provided at the voting venue. Bringing own hand sanitiser is recommended.
- All COVID-19 positive voters are required to adhere to the social distance rule, while the social distancing between other voters is encouraged.
- Individuals who have not yet received the COVID-19 booster vaccine are advised to immediately register for the vaccine to protect themselves and others at the voting locations.
Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr. Noor Hisham further stated that officials of MOH will be stationed at each voting venue to assist voters nationwide.
On the 19th of November 2022, Saturday, each eligible voter in Malaysia with Malaysian citizenship will cast their vote in the GE15 to fulfil an obligation to the country to ensure a better future.***