By Alya Nadiah
GOMBAK, 19 March 2019 – With a theme “Uncovering The Hidden Lights” to serve as a platform to project the elements of knowledge, unity and skills, the Kulliyyah of Education will be holding an Education Festival 2019 (Edu Fest2019) from 25 until 31 March.
Other than to promote the identity of the Kulliyyah of Education, this programme is aimed to respond to and act upon the call of Malaysia’s National Education Philosophy to generate holistic-based programmes.
Organised by Bachelor of Education Students’ Association 18/19 (BEDSA 18/19), this programme is targeting all IIUM as well as the general public.
Under Edu-Fest 2019, six sub-programmes will be conducted as follows:
1. Opening and Grand Forum on Education titled “Rhetoric or Reality?” by Dr. Tahroui and Dr. Merah Suoad that will be held at Experimental Hall from 8p.m to 11p.m. It is open to all.
2. Bazaar Che’gu 6.0 with Disney Wonderland theme will be held around Kulliyyah of Education from 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m. Many activities will be conducted during Bazaar Che’gu including Edupreneur Challenge, lucky dray, samyang challenge, bouquet challenge and more.
3. Inter-Varsity Che’gu video contest, which should be submitted online and will also be judged online by Dr. Shukri bin Nordin, a lecturer from Kulliyyah of Education and representatives from Mtas Production. This contest is open to IIUM students and students from other universities.
4. Debate Inter-Council, which will be held on 27 and 28 March at LT1, KOED from 8 p.m – 11:30 p.m. is a collaboration with Kelab Debat Bahasa Melayu (KDBM). Judges will be from from KDBM. Topics of the debate will be:-
- Pendidikan untuk peperikasan
- Sistem peperiksaan perlu dihapuskan
- Pendidikan percuma, kita sudah bersedia
- UITM wajar membuka pintu kepada bukan bumiputera
5. Colour Run. The 5km. run is open to all IIUM communities as well as the public, from 7 a.m until 12 noon. It will be held around IIUM, with the presence of the Dean of Kulliyyah of Education.
Lastly, the closing ceremony and finale round of Debate Inter-Council will be held at Main Auditorium, from 8 p.m to 11 p.m and will be attended by Prof. Dr. Ismail Sheikh Ahmad, who is the Dean of Kulliyyah of Education, and representatives of Student Representative Council (SRC).
For further information, readers are advised to contact Zarith Noor at 012 686 4026 or visit their social media at @koededufest (instagram). ***
Latest posts by Alya Nadiah (see all)
- Teacher’s Day 2019 to portray ‘Customs across Cultures’ theme - April 22, 2019
- A safe space for solace seekers - April 20, 2019
- Calling for donations in aid of the Orang Asli in Lenjang - April 20, 2019