By Haifa Farzaana
GOMBAK, 3 December 2022: Graduands need to wear robes as it is part of the ceremony, thus knowing how to collect and return the robes after each of their sessions is necessary.
Robes can be retrieved by graduands from 29 November to 7 December from 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. at IIUM Cultural Centre and can be returned right after the ceremony or anytime from 3 to 10 December from 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
The Robe set consists of three items:
- The robe which is the same for all levels and differentiated by stripes on the sleeves
- A headgear which is a mortar board for undergraduate and master and a beefeater for clinical master and PhD
- A hood that has its own unique color which identifies the Kulliyyah that a graduand belongs to.
For IIUM’s 38th Convocation ceremony, here are the steps to collect and return robes:
1. The Collection of robe
- Graduands will be requested to produce a printed form on the collection day otherwise RM1 per sheet will be imposed if printed by the Secretariat.
- Graduands are advised to try and find the right size of the robe
- Please show the tracer study slip at the counter in front of the Banquet Hall for robe collection
- Go through screening process of your robe collection
- Please line up according the graduands’ respective Kulliyyah
- Graduands will receive the invitation card, mortarboard, and robe
- Award winning graduands are required to take a VIP card
- Graduands will then receive their gowns
- Graduands may partake in a photoshoot (optional)
2. Returning the robe
For returning the robe, graduates may go to the Robe Room, IIUM Cultural Centre and if there is a deposit made, graduates may collect back their deposit. A charge of RM50 per day will be imposed for any late return.
Graduates are not allowed to hand-wash the robe set as it can only be dry-cleaned. The university reserves the right to claim compensation if the robe set is found damaged or lost.
3. For those who have collected their degree scroll:
- Required to pay a deposit during the robe collection.
- Graduates may collect their scroll and academic transcript from the Admission and Academic Management Division (AMAD) for Undergraduates or Centre For Postgraduate Studies (CPS) for Postgraduates, if they have not collected them yet.
- Deposit in the form of Banker’s Cheque/ Postal Order/ Wang Pos payable to Finance Director IIUM.
- UG robe – RM 450.00
- Masters robe – RM 500.00
- PhD robe – RM750.00
4. Damage or loss of robe set:
- Robe :
- UG – RM 308.00
- PG Diploma – RM 288.00
- Master – RM 348.00
- Clinical Master – RM 590.00
- PhD – RM 550.00
- Hood : RM 40.00
- Headgear :
- UG, PG Diploma, and Master – RM 62.00
- Clinical Master and PhD – RM 110.00
- IIUM Art Club’s visual arts gallery paves the way for aspiring artists - January 9, 2023
- Three IIUM students ruled the National Poetry Slam 2022 - December 4, 2022
- 38th IIUM Convocation: Robe collection and return - December 3, 2022