By Nurin Najmina Zaidi
GOMBAK, 7 November 2022: After two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kelab Sahabat Halal IIUM (KESAH IIUM) successfully held an Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2022 for the first time to introduce new committees and welcome new members.
The AGM also introduced IIUM Halal-Ship Program which is organised in cooperation with the International Institute for Halal Research and Training (INHART) to bring more impactful activities.
According to the coordinator of INHART, who is also the advisor of KESAH IIUM, Dr. Nurhusna binti Samsudin, she will be active in the club’s activities to achieve its objectives.
She explained, among the main objectives of KESAH IIUM included promoting halal lifestyle among the IIUM community, developing volunteerism, exploring the halal industry and knowledge, and strengthening IIUM’s championship in halal knowledge and providing halal services.
In achieving these objectives, several activities have been planned as follows:
- Halal awareness talks on campus
- Community engagement activities outside campus to promote halal awareness
- Seminars and workshops on the halal lifestyle and careers in the halal industry
- Training on halal-related skills
Meanwhile, an alumnus of IIUM and Exco Latihan dan Kaderisasi Persatuan Pelajar Islam Selangor Darul Ehsan (PEPIAS), Nur Aiman Najiha binti Azman, encouraged new members to actively participate in the club.
“By actively joining the club, you will learn a lot from your club members, gain some new perspectives and also sharpen skills that we do not learn in class,” she said to the members of KESAH IIUM.
The line-up committee members of the KESAH IIUM Club are:
- President – Nabil Nur Akmal bin Musa
- Vice President – Ahmad Syauqi bin Md Salleh
- Secretary – Nurain Syamimi binti Sarman
- Treasurer – Juwairiyyah binti Yahya
- Bureau of Funding and Sponsorship – Muhammad Nasha Fikri bin Mohd Latif & Nurfakhirah Syakila binti Abd Rashid
- Bureau of Media and Publication – Wan Nurfassolihah binti Wan Mohd Kamal & Nuraisyah binti Halim
- Bureau of Training and Education – Muhammad Wafiuddin bin Halim, Yumna Yasmin Awatif binti Mohamad Yakop & Anis Khalila binti Mohd Khairi
The AGM was held at the Mini Auditorium of the IIUM on Wednesday (2 November) from 7.30 pm until 10.00 pm.***
- IIUM launches Jom Fabrik to promote recycling used fabric - January 9, 2023
- “Young leaders like you are the hope of humankind”, says Dato’ Che Nazli Jaapar - December 11, 2022
- Let’s contribute to society towards Rahmatan Lil-Alamin – Farah Wahida - December 11, 2022