By Hakim Mahari
GOMBAK, 16 May 2022: Twenty-two out of total 41 seats for the IIUM Student Union (IIUMSU) Election 2022 won uncontested, leaving only eight constituencies to be contested on polling day set on 28 May, according to the announcement by the Election Commission.
The eight constituencies to be contested on the polling day will be four Central seats, two General seats, and two Office seats. Office seats are left with two as 15 constituencies won uncontested, and 8 constituencies with no candidates.
For General seats, only two will be contested as six won uncontested, three left with no candidates. While for the Central seats only four will be contested as one seat has won uncontested.
There are altogether 41 seats in the student union election open for contest, of which five are Central seats, 11 General seats, and 25 Office seats.
The candidates who won the Office seats uncontested are as listed below:
- Muhammad Asyraf Hakimi Bin Zaid Office of Education (G)
- Muhammad Abdul Fateh Bin Mohd Rahmat Office of Education (G)
- Nur ‘Izzah Binti Norizan Office of Education (K)
- Aiman Faris Bin Sharudin Office of Welfare (G)
- Rawaha Khalid Baig Office of Welfare (G)
- Haji Farah Mohamed Office of Welfare (P)
- Ainul Mardhiyyah Binti Roslan Office of Legal Affairs (G)
- Muhammad Irfan Bin Hamzah Office of Legal Affairs (P)
- Ahmed Lutfi Bin Abdul Rashid Moten Office Entrepreneurship & Corporate Relations (G)
- Hanum Aisya Attartila Office Entrepreneurship & Corporate Relations (G)
- Muhammad Taufik Bin Zulkafli Office Entrepreneurship & Corporate Relations (P)
- Hayatul Hafiza Binti Che Haat Office Islamization and Student Development (G)
- Norfatin Najwa Binti Che Adnan Office Islamization and Student Development (G)
- Shahmie Nur Ameerah Binti Shaharudin Office Islamization and Student Development (K)
- Nurin Nadhirah Zulkifli Office Islamization and Student Development (K)
With this result announced, the Office seats that will be contested on 28 May will only be the Office of Communication, Advocacy, and Promotion for the Gombak campus.
Meanwhile, for the General seats, the candidates who won uncontested are Nurul Atiqah Binti Abdul Aziz (Assistant Secretary III), Ahmad Shakir Zufayri Bin Mohd Halimi (Assistant Treasurer II), and Nurain Binti Abdul Kahhar (Assistant Treasurer III).
Mohammad Rafiq Shahmie Bin Mohd Suhaimi won uncontested for the seat of Vice President I. Meanwhile, Idris Bin Hud won uncontested for the seat of Vice President II while Amir Farhan Bin Mohammad Zamri won uncontested for the seat of Deputy President II.
Hence, the General seats left to be contested during the election day (28 May) will be Deputy President I and Deputy President III.
The Central seats that are left to be contested will be President, Treasurer, and International Affairs as Nazifah Binti Ibrahim has won the Secretary seat uncontested.
The candidates were declared winners as there were no other candidates contesting for those constituencies.
The announcement has been made through an official Facebook account of the IIUM Student Union Election Commission at 6.00 p.m. on Friday (13 May).
For further inquiries, the IIUM Student Union Election Commission can be reached through https://linktr.ee/iiumsuec.