By Iylia Marsya Iskandar
GOMBAK, 27 December 2021: Some 138 residents of Block C Mahallah Zubair in campus here have been evacuated following a landslide within the block area that took place last night.
Director of the Office of Communication, Advocacy and Promotion, IIUM, Dr. Harmi Taazim Mohamad, said the incident was noticed this evening and the management took swift action by evacuating all students to Block G while repair works are in progress.
No casualties were reported following the incident.
He added that the management has informed the incident to the fire department and the Public Works Department (JKR) to investigate the cause of the collapse and to ensure if the block is safe to be inhabited by students again.
Not only that, some other areas within the IIUM campus have also been affected following the heavy rain within Gombak vicinity for the past week.
- Sinkhole in Mahallah Ruqayyah
- Heavy flow in Mahallah Uthman
- Walkway to Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS) from Mahallah Siddiq
Students have been advised to remain vigilant and to report to the Office of Security and Management (OSEM) or IIUM Student Union (IIUMSU) if faced with any form of hazards on campus.***
Source: Free Malaysia Today
- Waqf Room: IIUM leads the way towards self-sufficiency - February 19, 2022
- 138 students in Mahallah Zubair evacuated due to landslide - December 26, 2021
- Hamirul aims for data-dependency governance - December 15, 2021