By Hakim Mahari
KUALA LUMPUR, 21 September 2021: Prime Minister, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob today congratulated Malaysia for achieving its target to vaccinate 80 percent of the adult population.
“Congratulations! 80 per cent of the adult population in Malaysia have been successfully vaccinated.”
In his latest tweet, he also gave words of encouragement to Malaysians in their efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Continue your efforts to fight COVID-19,” he said on in a tweet on Tuesday (21 September).
Meanwhile, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin in a tweet, said that Malaysia hit its target of 80 per cent at 1pm today, adding that the Special Committee on Ensuring Access to COVID-19 Vaccine Supply (JKJAV) would continue its efforts to ensure the remaining 20 per cent of the adult population are inoculated.
“At 1pm today, Malaysia reached the target of 80 per cent fully vaccinated adults among its population.
“Although the initial target was 80 per cent of the adult population, JKJAV will now endeavour to track down the remaining 20 per cent who have not or are reluctant to be vaccinated,” he said.
Earlier today, the CovidNow portal reported that a total of 18,648,795 individuals or 79.6 per cent of the country’s adult population were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of yesterday.
The website also states that 93.1% of the adult population or 22,097,565 individuals have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Malaysia had set a target of fully vaccinating 80% of the country’s adult population by October under the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme (Program Imunisasi COVID -19 Kebangsaan or PICK).
Cumulatively, 40,664, 674 doses have been administered to date.***
- AHAS KIRKHS Election: Voter turnout rises over 50 per cent - December 16, 2022
- Neelofa and PU Haris in the spotlight at 38th IIUM Convocation - December 5, 2022
- 818 graduands receive scrolls in the 2nd session of 38th Convocation - December 4, 2022