By Ameerah Angelina
GOMBAK, 3 April 2021: The IIUM Student Union Election Committee has announced the list of qualified candidates for the IIUM Student Union Election 2021 during the press conference held at 1:30 p.m today through Facebook Live.
For the seat of President, the qualified candidates are Muhammad Darwisy Bin Roslan and Mohammad Hafeez Bin Zainal Abidin. The qualified candidates for the seat of Deputy President I are MD Muhibbullah and Anasofea Binti MD Ridzwan. In addition, the qualified candidate for Deputy President II is Danial Bin Zubir while there are no candidates contesting for the seat of Deputy President III.
Furthermore, there are two qualified candidates for the seat of Vice President I, which are Fajru Shofilula and Ain Nuha Binti Abu Bakar. The qualified candidates for Vice President II are Muhammad Darwiis Bin Mohammad Aris and Ebrahim Adel Ali Ahmed.
As for the seat of Secretary, Izyan Fareesyah Binti Ab Rashid has been qualified to contest, while Sofiyah Munirah Binti Mokhtar is a qualified candidate for Assistant Secretary I and Mohamad Adib Hakimi Bin Sidik is a qualified candidate for Assistant Secretary II.
The qualified candidate for the Treasurer’s seat is Wan Muhd Dhiyauddin Bin Wan Bukhari. As for the positions of Assistant Treasurer I and Assistant Treasurer II, Aidi Zuhaili Bin Zuhaimi and Rabiatul Addawiyah Binti Aminuddin are the qualified candidates for each respective seat.
Moving on to the Kulliyyah seats, there are no qualified candidates contesting for Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah of Law, and Kulliyyah of Languages and Management. The rest of the qualified candidates for the respective Kulliyyah seats are as listed below:
- Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design: Muhamad Zaim Mustaqim Bin Marzuki and Sauban Bin Wan Ismail
- Kulliyyah of Economics & Management Sciences: Asma’ Hamidah Binti Mohd Zamri
- Kulliyyah of Education: Wan Nur Adawiyah Binti Wan Azmi
- Kulliyyah of Engineering: Abdulrahman Baaqeel
- Kulliyyah of Information & Communication Technology: Muhammad Nur Firdaus Bin Muhamed Haireen
- Kulliyyah of IRKHS (Islamic Revealed Knowledge): Nur Hafizah Binti Miszairi
- Kulliyyah of IRKHS (Human Sciences): Nurul Izzati Binti Zakariah
- Kulliyyah of Allied Health Science: Humairaa’ Binti Majdan
- Kulliyyah of Dentistry: Muhammad Iqbal Bin Zulkarnain
- Kulliyyah of Medicine: Aishah Sarah Binti Muhammad Faiz Matsuno
- Kulliyyah of Nursing: Nurul Ezam Asri Bin Hasmat
- Kulliyyah of Pharmacy: Muhammad Shamsuri Bin Hasan and Tariq Bin Mat Rahat
- Kulliyyah of Science: Mohammed Anas Bin Mohd Akdi and Ahmad Shakir Zufayri Bin Mohd Halimi
Candidates who wish to withdraw candidacy, on the other hand, may fill the candidacy withdrawal form and submit it on 3 April 2021, 2:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m.
Aside from the list of qualified candidates, the press conference also provided details on the candidate objection and withdrawal. Candidate objection, which can only be done by the candidates, may be made on the 3 April 2021, 2:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m, and candidates who wish to do objection for candidates are required to pay RM30 and need to have strong reasons for their objection.
Lastly, the candidate workshop will be held on 3 April 2021, from 9:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m.
For further inquiries, the IIUM Student Union Election Commission can be reached through https;//linktr.ee/iiumsuec.***
- Malaysia to achieve 100% internet access by 2025 with the launch of MEASAT-3d - June 25, 2022
- IIUMSU Election 2022: PC clarifies amendments on seats - April 28, 2022
- IIUMToday receives appreciation from the Rector - March 26, 2022