By Ariani Mohd Nor, Iylia Marsya Iskandar and Aneesah Ishak
GOMBAK, 13 March 2020: Students have exercised their democratic rights voting in Anis Farihah with the highest votes at the first IRKHSSS Presidential Election held on Thursday.
Anis, a candidate from the Department of Psychology, won the poll by securing 764 votes.
Joining Anis in the new presidential line-up as follows:
- President – Anis Farihah (764 votes)
- Vice President 1 – Miqdam Nazmi (722 votes)
- Vice President 2 – Amirul Sukarno (605 votes)
- Secretary General – Sofiyah Munirah (573 votes)
- Honorary Treasurer – Nurul Izzati (545 votes)
- Secretary 2 – Anas Hayyan (445 votes)
- Treasurer 2 – Huzayl Mohd (441 votes)
The election counting process which ended at 3.45 this morning concluded with closing remarks by all the new line-up as well as former IRKHSSS President, Mohamad Ika Danial.
In his speech, Mohamad Ika said, “I would like to place this election as a benchmark for the upcoming elections in celebrating democracy and trust by the students in choosing a student leader.
The election serves for the betterment of the students’ welfare instead of political ideologies.”
The Presidential Election recorded a total voter turnout of 26.6 per cent, of which 17.8 per cent was from Human Sciences, and 8.8 per cent from Islamic Revealed Knowledge.
Of the total ballots, 43 were void. Three of the candidates were not present during the ballot count.***
- Unveiling Quranic messages on happiness and hardships - September 16, 2020
- KIRKHS’s election: Low voters’ turnout explained - September 15, 2020
- Celebrating leadership and autonomy in IIUM Student Union book launch - September 1, 2020