By Alya Nadiah
GOMBAK, 6 October 2018: A programme “World Mental Health Week 2018” to create awareness on the importance of mental health among IIUM community will be conducted by the Secretariat of Psychology from 8 until 12 October around the campus under the theme “Bounce Back Stronger”.
“This programme aims to spread the right information and facts about mental health and to educate IIUM community on how to respond to those in need of mental health services through Mental Health Awareness Training that will involve experts in clinical psychology,” the event’s programme manager, Auni Baharin said.
“Our main target audience are IIUM community, including staff and students from all Kulliyyah, be it in Gombak, Pagoh and Kuantan,” she added.
Throughout the programme, there will be several other side events that will be held around Gombak campus as follow:
- Mental Health Exhibition that will be taking place at HS Square and HS Seminar room, IIUM on 8 until 11 October
- Forum on ‘Stress vs Depression: Thrive! Not Just Survive’ on 9 October from 8.00pm – 10.30pm at Mini Auditorium, IIUM.
- Talk on ‘How to be A Good Listener’ on 10 October, from 8.00pm – 10.00pm at Experimental Hall, IIUM which aims to provide the right information and facts about mental health.
- Mental Health Awareness Training on 12 October, from 9.00am – 5.00pm at HS Seminar Room
- Halusinasi Theater to be staged on 12 October, from 8.00pm – 11.00pm at Main Auditorium, IIUM. The focus of this theatre is to change public misconceptions and stigmas towards issues of mental illness.
All these events are aimed to create awareness about mental health and the way to respond to problems alike. For further information, readers are advised to visit their social media @wmhw18 (Instagram), @wmhw18 (Twitter) and @psyctaiium (Facebook). #BounceBackStronger***