By Syakir Nizam
GOMBAK, 10 July 2018: The books collection of the first five Rectors of International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) starting from 1989 is available at Dar al-Hikmah Library which have been located at the leisure room on level two.
According to the library’s Head of Corporate Section, who is also the senior librarian, Leenawati Razali, the Rectors’ books collection was initiated by the current Rector, Prof. Dato’ Sri Dr. Zaleha Kamarudin.
“This collection has been initiated by Prof. Zaleha herself after she met with the former Chief Librarian, Dr. Basri Hassan. She suggested that this collection of publications should consist not only of her own collection but also any other books and publications authored by all former Rectors.”
As for now, only a few collections by the Rectors have been placed on the shelves. However, the library staff will be adding on more of their books and publications later.
Here are among the Rectors’ collections currently available:
1) Tan Sri Prof. Dr. Muhamad M Abdul Rauf (IIUM Rector from 1983 until 1988)
- Marriage in Islam
- Ikhtisar Sejarah Islam
2) Dato’ Dr. Abduh Hamid A. Abusulayman (IIUM Rector from 1988 until 1998)
- Parent-Child Relations
- Arabic for English Speaking Students
3) Tan Sri Prof. Dr. Mohd Kamal Hassan (IIUM Rector from 1998 until 2006)
- Pendidikan dan Pembangunan
- Collection of Papers on Islam in English
4) Prof. Dato Sri Dr. Syed Arabi Idid (IIUM Rector from 2006 until 2011)
- Peranan Media Massa Dalam Pilihan Raya Umum
- Transformasi Pemikiran Komunikasi
5) Prof. Dato Sri Dr. Zaleha Kamarudin (IIUM Rector from 2011 until present)
- Islamic Family Law
- Legal Education in Malaysia
Leenawati said that copies of these collections will be available at the open section and students can start borrowing books from the library.
For further information kindly visit Dar al-Hikmah at twitter with twitter handle @LibIIUM or visit the facebook page @iiumlibrary ***
Featured image credit to Dar Al Hikmah Library