By Muhammad Faiz
GOMBAK, 3 May 2017: As one of the initiatives to celebrate lecturers and educators out there, IIUM.fm has launched the “Lecturer are Superheroes” campaign in conjunction with the upcoming Teachers’ Day.
The campaign started yesterday (2 May) and will last until 6 May. The purpose of this campaign is to instil a new culture of appreciating lecturers. Selected lecturers will get a surprise from their students next week.
Below are the terms and conditions for the campaign:
• Follow @iiumfm on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Nominate a lecturer and explain why he/she is so special to you and deserves to be celebrated
• Post it along with this poster on any of your social media and hashtag #iiumfmcelebrateslecturers (e.g. Instagram, twitter and Facebook)
• Make sure your social media accounts are not private.
• We will choose the best caption and will help you surprise your lecturer with a special gift and dedication.
When asked about her hope for the campaign, the coordinator of IIUM.fm, Dr. Shafizan Mohamed said that she hoped this campaign will help nurture the student-lecturer relationship. In addition, she said, the campaign is a fun event for students to unwind in times nearing the final examination.
“I honestly feel that lecturers who are appreciated will be more motivated to educate and inspire their students,” she told IIUMToday. ***