By Syakir Nizam
GOMBAK, 6 April 2017 – The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) has demanded the university’s Office of Security Management (Osem) to abolish the implementation of Automatic Lanes Barriers (ALB) unless five of their demands are met.
These demands are based on the debate and discussions held during the IIUM Students Assembly (ISLA) during the weekend.
SRC President, Amirul Hisham told this to IIUMToday: “These five demands are regarding the full implementation of barrier gate which has already brought a lot of problems to the university’s community, such as causing traffic congestion in front of IIUM campus.”
He said the five demands raised by SRC are as follows:
- TO CONDUCT AN OPEN DIALOGUE SESSION BETWEEN OSEM AND IIUM COMMUNITY,
- TO CONDUCT A COMPLETE DRY RUN FOR GATE 1, 2, AND 3,
- TO REVIEW THE STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ALB,
- FREQUENT NOTIFICATIONS ON ANY LATEST UPDATE PERTAINING TO ALB SYSTEM AND TO ISSUE NOTICE AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SYSTEM,
5. PROVIDE MORE SECURITY IN CATERING THAT FREQUENTLY POSED PROBLEMS IN MAHALLAH
On rumours that there would be demonstrations by the students over the issue, the SRC President said he has no comment to make since the SRC has already used all platforms to discuss and resolve the matter. ***
Photo credited: SRC