COSA organises theatre, first ever, as part of Communication Week

By Danial Yusof

GOMBAK, 14 April 2015: Communication Students Association (COSA) recently organised the first ever theatre show as part of the programmes for Media and Communication Week. The event took place at the Main Auditorium, IIUM Gombak campus from 8.00 p.m until 11.00 p.m.

Most students had already bought their tickets from the booth opened in front of Communication Department days before the event. Some bought the tickets from the registration counter at the main door of Main Auditorium before the performance began. The price for the ticket was RM6 and RM1 of the proceeds from each ticket sold will be donated to Rumah Kebajikan Al-Fikrah, Kajang.

The judges for the event were Dr. Farizah Jaafar and Yau Sim Mei, both from the English Language and Literature Department. Yau Sim Mei is currently an advisor for IIUM Theatre Club.

The theatre was also attended by the head of Communication Department, Dr. Zeti Azreen Ahmad and the advisor for COSA, Dr. Tengku Siti Aisha Tengku Azzman.

There were four production houses that took part in the theatre show which were Twinkle Studio, Creept Production, Gagak Putih Production and Amigos Production.

The show started with Gagak Putih Production with a play ‘Bukannya Satelit’. The second performance was from Creept Production with the play ‘Boneka Betina’. The third presentation was by Amigos Production with  ‘Mimpi Pertengahan Musim Panas’ and the last one was by Twinkle Studio with the play titled ‘Amukan Dewata’.

Each one of the production houses managed to perform their plays successfully with each given 20 minutes to perform their best to the audiences.

After the show, audiences and judges had to make their votes for the best play among four production houses. The votes from the judges were 70 per cent and the rest (30 per cent) came from the audiences. Within a very short time, COSA’s committee managed to count the votes and gave the result to the emcees. Finally, the emcees announced that Amigos Production won the best play award.

Programme Manager, Nurfathiah Azian binti Salehhudin, said the event was very successfully conducted by COSA members and the sub-committees. Although it was the first time ever COSA had organised a theatre show, the team as a whole, showed their passion on making the event a success.

“I am happy because we managed to collect more than RM500 to give donation to Rumah Kebajikan Al-Fikrah, Kajang to help the needy,” she added.

“The theatre show was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It comprised all four production houses with four different plays in one night. It was something new to me,” said Radzi, one of the audiences expressing his satisfaction of the show.***

Photo credited to Aznan Mat Piah and COSA IIUM

Danial Yusof

A student who loves nature, perhaps

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.